Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Its the Little Things

I recently started a new job (woohoo!) at the Fairmont Orchid in Hawai'i. On my first day I was glad to hear that I will be a part of their Green Committee. I'm not sure what that exactly entails, but am looking forward to learning and contributing.

There were little things I noticed at the resort which add up to huge savings on the earth! Its the first office I've been in where there were actually designated recycling boxes for paper. This seems like a small task, but considering its the first time I've seen it...its a big plus.

Another great find was in the restroom. Instead of paper towels, the hotel provides actual cloth towels. It was beautiful! Can you imagine how much paper they are saving by having fresh towels in the restrooms. If all hotels did this, it would add up. Kudos to the Fairmont Orchid!

No comments:

Post a Comment